Step 1: Verify Eligibility
- is entering grades 8 through 12 the September following the Learn-to-Row session.
Note: for Advanced Learn-to-Row, the athlete must have participated in a previous Learn-to-Row session but not in a competitive program. Athletes unsure whether they are ready for Advanced should contact their coach.
If the above is true, congratulations, you are eligible to register for Pittsford Crew Learn-to-Row. Please continue with Step 2, below.
Step 2: Commitment Check & Team Handbook
- Athletes must attend practices and remain at practice until dismissed by their coach. Practice is five days a week.
- Parents must provide or arrange transportation to and from practice for their athlete(s).
Parent and Athlete Must Read Team Handbook
- The current Pittsford Crew Code of Conduct and Attendance Policy can be found in the Team Handbook.
If you and your athlete can make the above commitments, we would love to have you as part of our program. Please continue to the next step!
Step 3: Determine Session
Sessions run for two weeks Monday through Friday and start on the following dates:
- Session 1: (There is no session 1 for LTR)
- Session 2: June 25th
- Session 3: July 9th
- Session 4: July 23rd
Each morning session runs from 9:00 through 11:30am, and afternoon sessions run from 1:00 to 3:30 pm.
Each session has a mini-regatta scheduled for the Saturday following the last Friday at 9am. (This is the same time for both morning and afternoon sessions.)
Step 4: Register For Pittsford Crew ()
Payment Options (refund policy):
- Pay through Regatta Central at the time of registration using a credit card or PayPal
- Google Wallet
- Please make payments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Checks may mailed to the address below. Please be sure to mail it no later than 5 business days before the due date.
P.O. Box 331
Pittsford, NY 14534
- If you require tuition payment plan arrangements, please contact our Treasurer no later than one day prior to the registration deadline.
|Session 2 AM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 2 PM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 3 AM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 3 PM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 3 PM Advanced||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 4 AM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 4 PM||Registration not available on mobile devices|
|Session 4 AM Advanced||Registration not available on mobile devices|
Please contact our registrar as email@example.com if you wish to register late.
If you see an error message above, your browser may not support scripting. Please use a desktop browser such as Chrome or Firefox to view this site.
Step 5: USRowing Membership & Waiver ()
When you join USRowing or renew your membership, you will be charged $7.75. This fee covers USRowing's administrative costs. The Pittsford Crew club code is E9NNK.
For athletes who are not yet USRowing members (new rowers): You will need to join USRowing. After joining, you will then need to submit a USRowing waiver. Follow the directions below.
- Join USRowing (click here)
- Enter the athlete's name, birthday and gender (not yours if you are the parent/guardian).
- You may want to use your own e-mail address as that is the address USRowing will use if you need to reset or recover your password later.
After you enter the team name you will be asked for a club code. Our club code is E9NNK
- Click the green search button, bottom right.
- Select Basic Membership on the Membership Levels page.
- Follow the instructions on the web page to complete the membership process.
- Read and submit the USRowing waiver (click here)
For athletes who are already USRowing members:
You will need to log into USRowing and verify that your athlete's membership will not expire prior to the end of the rowing season. You will also need to verify that your waiver is current.
- Log into USRowing (click here)
- To log in, you will need the athlete's member number and password that you set up last year/season.
- If you do not recall the member number, click the Forgot My Member Number link on the bottom right and follow the instructions.
- Review your membership expiration date. If your membership has expired, you must select Renew to renew your membership. If your membership will expire before then end of the rowing season, you must renew prior to the end of the season.
- Verify that the waiver status is "current."
- The waiver status can be found on the membership profile screen, under the athlete's name and membership number.
- If the waiver is not current, you must sign a new waiver. On the left of the web page, click on the green waiver check mark.
- The name on the waiver must be the athlete's name, and the same name used on RegattaCentral.
Step 6: Complete Forms ()
- The following printed forms are required:
- Complete the online Sports Questionnaire.
- Health Appraisal From from your pediatrician dated within the last 12 months. You likely received one from your pediatrician after your athlete's last physical.
Attn: Registrar P.O. Box 331
Pittsford, NY 14534
Step 7: Swim Test ()
All program participants must pass a one-time Pittsford Crew swim test. The test consists of 10 laps (non-stop) immediately followed by treading water for 10 minutes. Athletes transferring from other clubs must have their coach communicate in writing that the athlete has successfully completed their club’s swim test.
Pittsford Crew will be providing one free swim test at Calkins Road Middle School on June 2nd, from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Athletes will not be permitted to practice until the swim test is complete.
- Print the swim test form and fill out the top portion.
- Bring the printed form with you to the Jewish Community Center or any YMCA and have a certified lifeguard administer the test. Please note that no appointment is required, and these organizations may charge a small fee.While the JCC does not require an appointment, the YMCA may require one depending on location. Be sure to call prior to arrival.
- Have the Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor sign the form after the swim test.
- Mail the completed form to the Registrar. Forms must be received by the due date above. Alternatively, the forms may be handed to the coach before the first practice.
P.O. Box 331
Pittsford, NY 14534